Oracle’s Autonomous Transaction Processing (vCenter HA) offers a transformative approach to database management. Designed to be self-driving, self-securing, and self-repairing, this service ensures databases can instantly adapt to the demands of transaction processing and mixed workload applications. Users can choose between a Serverless infrastructure for elastic and simplified deployment or a Dedicated infrastructure for enhanced security and governance. This groundbreaking system not only promises high availability and unparalleled performance but also guarantees reduced costs. By integrating advanced features and a multi-layered security approach, the Oracle ATP ensures an efficient and secure database environment, making it an optimal choice for organizations aiming for technological excellence.
Today user satisfaction is the top most concern in digital enterprise. This could be internal or external users and their user experience is one of the most important considerations of the Digital enterprise.
There are multiple variables contributing to the user experience. Some of these elements include
- Application performance
- Ease of use
- Ease of navigation
- Ability of access on any device
As the demand for better user experience increases application owners are also seeing the demands increasing
- Need of increasing the uptime and availability of the session
- Need of monitoring the application performance
- Need to tune the application
- Need to scale the application resources as when the users/demands grow
Most of the enterprise applications are still deployed as monolithic applications. They are not fluid in terms of performance and scalability. Often the scaling of the application might require forklift hardware upgrades and would take months.
The modern IT demands are much more agile and they need applications which could instantly respond to the demands. The traditional monolithic applications were unable to cater to these demands.
This gave birth to a new application paradigm. This included Microservices, SOA and Container based application development. All of these schools were helping enterprises reduce the application complexity and improve the application development lifecycle. Evolution of Cloud technology perfectly supported these schools and gave rise to multiple technologies which helped create “cloud-native” applications.
I am writing this post on a special day where we received the confirmation of a turnkey container management platform along with compute hardware from a leading telecom operator. This platform will help them to develop and deploy cloud native applications using a single pane of glass. This will help them to develop and scale multiple applications using Cloud native technologies. The benefits of the platform includes
- Ability of managing container lifecycle
- Rapid application stack provisioning using the built in application marketplace
- Integrated monitoring and performance management
- Ability of Hybrid cloud application development
- Integrated DevOps and testing tool stack
This is only one of our success stories in Cloud native solutions. We have helped a number of government agencies to modernize their applications using Cloud native technologies. These initiatives have been really helpful for the digital transformation of these organizations.
As Analysts predict most of the future workloads are going to be cloud native. Investment in the development of your new application on Cloud native technologies could save costs for the CIOs.
Some ways how the costs could be reduced includes
- Replacing the proprietary runtimes and database stacks using open source databases and application runtimes
- Reduction of costs on expensive monitoring solutions and using integrated open source technologies
- Reduce the on premise hardware costs for new applications by using Hybrid Cloud and scaling the applications when required